Indiana Sixth Grade Civics Standard 14 Resources
Sixth Grade Civics
Examine ways by which citizens may effectively voice opinions, monitor government, and bring about change in government including voting and participation in the election process.
Lesson: Ways citizens can participate in the election process
- Government meeting form [Word] [PDF]
- Reading exercise and student activity “Citizen Participation in the Government” [Word] [PDF]
- Research form [Word] [PDF]
- Political issue research form [Word] [PDF]
- Sample letter to legislator [JPG]
Inquiry-Based Assessment Question
Citizen involvement is an important part of a healthy republic. In what ways can citizens effectively voice their opinions to each level of government?
The materials are available to use by Indiana educators under the CC-BY-NC-SA license. This license enables users to distribute, remix, adapt, and build upon the material in any medium or format for noncommercial purposes only, and only so long as attribution is given to the creator. If you remix, adapt, or build upon the material, you must license the modified material under identical terms.