Indiana Sixth Grade Civics Standard 17 Resources
Sixth Grade Civics
Explain ways that citizens can participate in the election process (political parties, campaigns, and elections) at the national, state, and local levels.
Lesson: Primary and General Election Process
- Reading Exercise “Running a successful local election campaign” [Word] [PDF]
- Cornell notes [PDF]
- 2023 Municipal Primary Election [PDF]
- 2022 Primary Election [PDF]
- 2022 General Election [PDF]
- 2022 General Election Turnout and Registration [PDF]
- 2020 General Election [PDF]
- 2020 Primary Election [PDF]
- Election Turnout Analysis Worksheet [Word] [PDF]
- Reading Exercise “Indiana Primary and Election Process” [Word] [PDF]
- Reading Exercise “Running a Successful Local Election Campaign” [Word] [PDF]
Lesson: Ways citizens can participate in the election process
- Class Guide [Word] [PDF]
- Reading and Formative Work [Word] [PDF]
- Meeting Form [Word] [PDF]
- Political Issue Research Form [Word] [PDF]
- Sample Letter [JPG]
Inquiry-Based Assessment Question
- In a republic, public officials are chosen by citizens in elections to make public policy and run parts of the government. In what ways can citizens support a political candidate?
The materials are available to use by Indiana educators under the CC-BY-NC-SA license. This license enables users to distribute, remix, adapt, and build upon the material in any medium or format for noncommercial purposes only, and only so long as attribution is given to the creator. If you remix, adapt, or build upon the material, you must license the modified material under identical terms.