Indiana Sixth Grade Civics Standard 1 Resources
Sixth Grade Civics
Standard 1 (Essential Standard)
Summarize the principles and purposes of government as stated in the Preamble to the United States Constitution.
Lesson: What Basic Ideas About Government Are Included In the Preamble?
- Class PowerPoint [PPT]
- Class Guide [Word]
- Vocabulary Worksheet [Word] [PDF]
- Critical thinking Exercises [Word] [PDF]
- Biography Reading Gouverneur Morris [Word] [PDF]
- The Constitution Explained: We the People [Video]
Inquiry-Based Assessment Question
- The U.S. Constitution begins with a preamble explaining the purpose of the Constitution and government. What is the purpose of government?
We the People Curriculum Connection: Lesson 11
The materials are available to use by Indiana educators under the CC-BY-NC-SA license. This license enables users to distribute, remix, adapt, and build upon the material in any medium or format for noncommercial purposes only, and only so long as attribution is given to the creator. If you remix, adapt, or build upon the material, you must license the modified material under identical terms.